How to Prepare for buying your childs school clothes
- Measure your child beforehand, using the measuring chart below
- Remember to bring a list of all the school's requirements with you.
- Choose machine washable, minimum-iron clothes and good quality fabrics, so that clothes last longer and are easy to launder
- Allow for growth - when you're buying shirts, make sure you can fit two fingers inside the fastened collar
- Buy 3 - 5 blouses or shirts, depending on how often you do the washing during the week
- Order embroidered name tapes well in advance, so you'll have time to sew them on before the beginning of term
- Please don't leave things until the last minute
- Good quality school clothes will give you years of wear, so buy for value, don't economise on quality
- Ask for advice. Our expert staff will be happy to talk to you about a child's individual needs
Collar: Measure around base of neck, inserting two fingers between neck and tape to allow growth.
Chest: Position tape close to underarms, measure chest at fullest point.
Dress and tunic length: Measure from nape of neck to length required.
Waist: Measure around the natural waistline.
Skirt length: Measure from middle of waist to length required.
Inside leg: Measure with shoes on, to approximately 5cm above the ground.